Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Live Footage - Trash Audit

Two things.

First, I just received the edited footage from the Darden Trash Audit (aka dumpster dive). In May 2008, Darden Dean Bob Bruner announced that he intended to make Darden a ZERO waste institution by 2020. By October of that year, we were diving in the Sponsor's Hall trash dumpster, separating out the plastics, aluminum, and recyclable paper, trying to get a sense of the community's current recycling practices and to find areas where we could improve.

Well, we found there was a lot of room for improvement (the container was ~67% recyclable by volume) and I hope that efforts to increase awareness around this issue and decrease our environmental impact will continue in the future.

Second, I discovered an awesome site online, Xtranormal, where if you can type, you can make movies, and had to pass it on.

OK, three things. I have been thinking about my liveblogging lineup for the Spring, and promise it will come soon. In all frankness, blogging has been put on a backburner to getting a job, which given everything that has happened in the past half a year, is tougher than I thought it would be. If there is an event happening at Darden that you (as a current or a prospective student) would like coverage of, or would like to know more about, please leave me a message and I will do my best to liveblog it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome - I always knew you were true blue, Zoe (provided, of course, I have the right Zozo).

Weems
(weems@weemsnet.net)